[cvsnt] Re: update only CVS folder

Zioowo zioowo at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Mar 4 16:08:57 GMT 2003

Uzytkownik "Bo Berglund" <Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> napisal w wiadomosci
news:mailman.479.1046793552.22290.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
>It is possible to update only CVS folder without updating working files ?
(I
>know that is not recommened operation and it can corrupt my sandbox)
>
>Zioowo

What do you want to do really? The contents of a typical Entries file is
this:

/SomeSourceFile.c/1.1/Tue Jun 26 15:06:46 2001//
/AnotherSourceFile.c/1.1/Tue Jun 26 15:07:26 2001//
/Changes.txt/1.10/Tue Feb 11 23:53:17 2003//

In here are only the dates of the file (in UTC) and the revision from the
latest checkout or update.

What is it you want to "update"?????? I don't understand your question
really.
There is nothing to "update"....

/Bo

User A add to source control new file by SCC API (jalindi igloo) to cvs
repository.
User B want to Get Latest Version from PowerBuilder but don't see a new file
in the GLV file list because Jalindi don't update entries file in cvs
folder.
Typical recomended sytuation is to update all files in project, but I that
way all files in PB change status to checkout wich is not true.

Zioowo