[cvsnt] Re: update only CVS folder

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Tue Mar 4 16:36:04 GMT 2003

Zioowo wrote:
> User A add to source control new file by SCC API (jalindi igloo) to cvs
> repository.

User A's sandbox now contains the correct entries file, which reflects the
repository contents.

> User B want to Get Latest Version from PowerBuilder but don't see a new file
> in the GLV file list because Jalindi don't update entries file in cvs
> folder.

User B's sandbox has not been updated, so oddly enough it doesn't contain the
new file.  To get the new file, you must update the sandbox, whether through SCC
or directly using cvs commandline (or even WinCVS).

Try to update the sandbox using WinCVS outside of PB's control.  Make sure you
checkout Read Only (which most programs assume means you aren't editing just
this moment.  See what PB thinks of the checkout status of the files now.

> Typical recomended sytuation is to update all files in project, but I that
> way all files in PB change status to checkout wich is not true.

No, the problem is that PB's use of SCC is bizarre.  Jalindi is not in any way
responsible for PB judging that a file is checked out solely based on whether
you updated the sandbox or not.

John