[cvsnt] how to retrieve a deleted file ..

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Mar 6 23:03:38 GMT 2003

Bo Berglund wrote:

> What happened to the cvs commit step? Is it not necessary?

The next thing you do is commit (since you now have a file marked as
'locally added' in your sandbox, which is a copy of the old file before it
died).

It would be nicer if the add automatically triggered the update, but that
would be quite tricky to write, so I left it as it was.

> And does the client cvs.exe need to be updated to make this work, or
> is it sufficient to put a new version on the server?
> (I got the new source from CVS, just asking out of curiosity...)

I *think* the server side should be enough, but don't quote me on that :-)