[cvsnt] cvs 1.10.8

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Mar 11 13:54:31 GMT 2003

> I am using WinCvs on 1.2 on the client side and version 1.10.8 on the
server
> side.  I am getting the error- TCL is *not* available, shell is disabled.
> What am I doing wrong?  Can you help me with this??

You're confusing WinCvs and CVSNT. WinCvs is a Windows frontend to a cvs
client. CVSNT is a port of the original *ix-CVS to Windows (and back ;),
i.e. consisting of a client *and* a server. WinCvs 1.3.x happens to ship
with CVSNT as its client but WinCvs 1.2 had nothing at all to do with CVSNT
(apart from allowing the :ntserver: protocol). It was still using a slightly
patched version of the original CVS 1.10.

The correct list for this question would therefore have been
cvsgui at yahoogroups.com (alternatively http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cvsgui
or  news:news.cvsnt.org/support.cvsgui).

Anyway, this might be the info you're looking for:
http://cvsgui.sourceforge.net/newfaq.htm#activeTcl_notfound

Hope this helps.

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org