[cvsnt] CVSNT 1.11.1.3-75 crashs when adding file with modification time in the future

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Mar 11 15:27:49 GMT 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:58:47 +0100, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jan_Sch=F6nherr?=
<j.schoenherr at mvs-ag.de> wrote:

>Hi...
>
>I just setup a new project using cvsnt with a remote repository (ssh)...
>
>I tryed to add several files and it worked except for one, where cvsnt
>crashs with
>the message "something bad happens" and produces a coredump. A lot of
>coredumps
>later i realized, that the file in question had a timestamp somewhere in
>year 2076...
>(i dont know how i did this)

I found something like this recently with openssl.  There a bug in the MS CRT
which erroneously returns NULL for all dates outside a narrow range (I guess
1970-2038).  This causes openssl to execute random code & presumably causes
CVS to crash...  Not sure of the answer, really, untill MS start to use a
64bit time_t .

Tony (thinking the Y2.038K bug will be far worse than the Y2K).