[cvsnt] CVSNT

Di Tiero, Hugo HDiTiero at credicoop.com.ar
Tue Mar 11 15:10:39 GMT 2003

Hi,

We have been working with CVS in a Windows-NT 4.0 SP6 netware and we had
some problems. I 'll tell you everything we did:

* We installed CVSNT Background on a server (creating a repository) >>>> OK

* We could connect to the remote repository (from WinCvs client) >>> OK

* We defined a user (that's me) as administrator by creating the admin and
passwd files >> OK

* Afterwords I added (as administrator) a new user with the "passwd -a"
command >> OK. This user could connect without problems to the remote
repository on the server.

* BUT when I wanted to give the access permissions on the CVSROOT (in the
repository) with the "chacl" command, the return code was always "1" and the
message error was "There is no version here"

We have read in the "CVSNT Reference Manual" that each directory in the
repository contains two security files (owner and perms). We have never seen
them in the CVSROOT module and we only saw the owner file in other module
imported.

I don't want to allow other users to access to the administrative files (in
the CVSROOT module) and I want to give different permissions to new users on
the rest of the modules. I found different ways to do it in different manual
I read, but I don't know which one is for Linux (or Unix) and which one for
Windows-NT. For instance, in the "CVSNT Installation for Windows" manual
there is a .passwd (yes, with the dot in front of) file and in the "CVSNT
Reference Manual" this file is called passwd (without the dot). We could
never created a .passwd file (in Windows enviroment).-

I would apreciate your help,

 Hugo A. Di Tiero

E-mail: Hditiero at credicoop.com.ar

Nota: La información contenida en el presente correo y en los archivos
adjuntos puede ser confidencial. Si no es el receptor pretendido, o el
responsable de entregar este mensaje, le notificamos por este medio que está
prohibida su copia, distribución, retención o uso de la información que
contiene. Asimismo, rogamos notifique al emisor reenviando este mensaje en
forma inmediata, y elimine el mismo de su computadora.