[cvsnt] please help me

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Mar 11 15:56:53 GMT 2003

I think you can disable the real-time scan on NAV corp ed.  We are using
that here (although I'm uncertain of the version) and it can be disabled.
Unfortunately, I personally can't disable it--but I could get our
administrator to do so.  Check with your admin.

Also, NAV has an option that I COULD set--exclude directories for CVSNT and
the temp & repositories, and make sure you check the 'check exclusions
before scanning' otherwise it STILL scans, it just doesn't report :b

I don't know how NAV works from a permissions perspective, but I know that
as the local admin on the machine I only have limited rights to change
things in NAV.  However, NOT disabling it has proven to lead to file
corruption--VERY bad news for source code!

Note also that this topic has been discussed a couple times over the last
month.  Please review the archive for more background / information.

Regards,

Glen Starrett