[cvsnt] Strange behaviour (relative path in string)

Johannes Kilian Jo.Kilian at gmx.de
Fri Mar 14 12:41:09 GMT 2003

Hi there,

has anybody seen the following behaviour before:

I've got a text-file in the repository which contains the string:
Module = .\CLinkAdimec1000mT.DLL

Checking out the file, the checked out file contains exactly this string.
Now I do have a file-copy of the above mentioned file in my sandbox containig
the string (local Version):
Module = CLinkAdimec1000mT.DLL

The rest of the file is the same ... cvs does not detect the difference
between the two file versions local version vs. cvs-version (cvs update /
cvs update -C /cvs diff). Performing a checkout of the cvs-version in a
different directory and comparing it with an external diff-Tool clearly shows the
difference ...

What happens: a physical different file is considered as same as the file in
the repository. Is there any hidden "intelligence" in CVS ignoring parts
"./" within pathes?

Using: CVSNT Build 70 on server, different CVSNT-Version on different client
machines ...

Any idea?

Johannes