[cvsnt] Client/Server-Problem

Frank Barwich frank.barwich at gmxpro.de
Fri Mar 14 12:58:52 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm new on this list, so I hope this is no FAQ (I did not find it in any
faq):

I'm using the current version of cvsnt (downloaded today). The server ist
running on a Win 2000 Server. The client on a Win XP Machine. I'm using the
pserver-protocol over TCP/IP

My Problem is, I can only commit two files at a time. If I commit one or
two files -> no problem.

If I try to commit more than two files, the client hangs, without any
reaction.

Here is an example. In this directory are 23 files. I've added them. When I
try to commit all with a single commit, this is the Output:

c:\Dev\SS\ODBC>cvs commit .
cvs commit: Examining .
RCS file: /Dev/SS/ODBC/CXOdbcCreateTable.cpp,v
done
Checking in CXOdbcCreateTable.cpp;

And there it stands. For hours.

I think it's an issue with my client installation, cause the server DOES
the commit. I can delete the files, type a "cvs update .", and voila, all
files are there. So it's only the client that's hanging.

What can I do? Any Ideas?

Thanks
Frank