[cvsnt] Re: [Solved] Rlog problem with CVSNT, ViewCVS

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Mar 18 10:56:41 GMT 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 01:39:06 -0800, "Jim" <jdrlist at hangar5.net> wrote:

>So spaces are evil ( as usual ).  Windows allows logins to have spaces,
>unlike the *nix heritage from which CVS derives, so this entry would not be
>expected.  This unexpected author field can occur when you use :ntserver: or
>the local protocols to access the repository.

I could probably make cvsnt cope with this but ViewCVS will probably never
work with it, as it uses RCS 5.7 (which is static and I guess never changed
any more, since the RCS file format doesn't change).

Unix does support spaces in usernames (and everywhere else) but it's pretty
unusual to do so...  The OS will work with it but a lot of apps won't, which
is the same problem that NT has.