[cvsnt] Re: unlocking unkown user locks

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Mar 21 10:52:54 GMT 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:17:33 -0500, "keith d. zimmerman"
<kzimmerman at eshcom.com> wrote:

>are you claiming that using a lock server will totally eliminate hanging
>locks?  i've had them with a lock server once or twice...

Once the particular server instance dies then the lock server cleans up
automatically, so even in the case of a crash you won't get any locks left
over.

Conceivably a server could hang with its locks open, but I've never actually
seen that happen.