[cvsnt] ViewCVS permissions problem

Paul Russell paul_newsgroups at yahoo.ca
Sun Mar 23 23:42:40 GMT 2003

Check that your SYSTEM temp directory has correct permissions (for IIS need IWAM, IUSR). Your environment variables have (System/All Users) and current user settings. Move the settings for CVS from Current User to System in the environment variables control panel. You may want to change TEMP from c:/winnt/temp to c:/temp
-Paul
 Terris Linenbach <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:Has anyone gotten ViewCVS's diff feature to work when the user is not an
administrator?

Does the diff feature work for you when allowing anonymous access?

If so, my problem probably occurs when turning off anonymous access on IIS.
If I put the users who have access to viewcvs into the Administrators group,
everything works fine.

I tried putting diff.exe etc. into its own directory in which "everyone" has
"full" control to the folder and its files. I also tried giving Everyone
full control to c:\temp. Also tried doing the same thing to c:\viewcvs\cgi.
No dice.

Does the diff feature of viewcvs write to a temporary file somewhere?