[cvsnt] Please restore your CvsNT guide

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Mar 21 19:05:20 GMT 2003

I just made a minor change to the front page, and it took my name provided
in the User Preferences form as the author name.

Cool stuff, but I can see Tony's point about anarchy--which could easily
slip into outright chaos.  I think once we get an initial structure |
outline in place, it will make it much easier to add content logically.  Any
tech writers out there?  I'm a programmer myself... of course since mostly
programmers will be using this, I'm not worried about getting flamed if this
isn't "user friendly".

Some suggested top-level areas (this is off the top of my head here):

Getting Started
--New to CVS
--New to CVSNT

Setup
--WinNT
	--Bo's doc here to start!
	--Add NT setup comments
--UNIX-like OS

--Where to get help

Reference (the "info" manual)

I think Wiki handles the indexing automatically, and the contents too?  I'm
a little confused on the existing content vs. where to replace.  Looks like
jumping in to edit a page is easy, but I don't have time to dive into the
details right now.

Glen Starrett