[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Eclipse: Sharing a project that does not exist in Repository

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 26 12:05:06 GMT 2003

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:51:08 +0200, "Emile Coetzee" <emile at nospamexinet.co.za>
wrote:

>> I've just found what the 'share project' was doing - it relies on some odd
>> (IMHO buggy) behaviour by the Unix CVS server which CVSNT didn't emulate.
>> Since it only affects eclipse I reinstated the bug (!) and it seems OK.
>
>Would that explain why it worked up until build 66?

Possibly, although it wasn't an intentional change...  it was just part of the
general code cleanup.

>Eclipse looks promising (heavy on the resources though). So it would be nice
>if CVSNT and Eclipse could get along better.
>
>Should we get a poll going to rally up some better support from Eclipse?

You can try...  All I need really is feedback - if a release breaks Eclipse
the ordinary users often don't know what the problem is in enough detail.  If
an eclipse developer could post on here with exactly what the problem is I
could look at it and make modifications to accomodate them (obviously some
changes are deliberate so there'd have to be give and take on both sides for
it to work).

The new numbering system should help - 2.0.x won't change much so it's a much
more stable base for them to work with.