[cvsnt] Enforcing read-only checkouts from the server?

Torsten Martinsen torsten at tiscali.dk
Fri Nov 7 20:27:38 GMT 2003

Oliver Giesen wrote:

>Now, ACAICT cvs watch on will only work on existing modules and will
>not affect future additions - and is therefore rather useless to
>enforce a kind of global policy from the start. So, what's left?

No, running "cvs watch on" in the topmost folder of the sandbox will

a) cause all existing files to be checked out as read-only
b) cause all files added in the future to be read-only as well

We use this approach exclusively where I work (I don't use it at home
:-) and it works very well for users accustomed to RCS/PVCS etc.

-Torsten