[cvsnt] Re: Managing SQL Server source with CVS?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Nov 11 20:22:02 GMT 2003

There is nothing to email...
We do all of our SQL work in Microsoft Query Analyzer 2000, a tool that
is part of the SQL 2000 installation.

What i pointed out is that if everything in the database is created in code
(in this case Transact-Sql) then it can be version controlled easily using
CVS.
But if you start doing the design and changes in Enterprise Manager and then
you script out the result you will get a nightmarish type of source files
where
it is not really possible to do meaningful diffs to see what happened
between
revisions.

/Bo