[cvsnt] Immediate Disconnect on port 2401

chris.roberts at ubs.com chris.roberts at ubs.com
Wed Oct 1 16:55:20 BST 2003

Hi Gerry,

I've experienced an issue with the same symptons. From eclipse reports as Connection Reset, from command
line something similar, and telnet just dies.

Searching this mailing list will show up many users with the same issue.

Starting occuring for me when I installed a netgear router.

Spoke to the netgear people, they suggested opening the port, but as I was hitting service from same host
this wasn't likely to work(and didn't).

Would like to debug the service but I don't have the C dev environment.

I requested more debug added to cvsservice to provide some pointer, but I don't think this is going to happen.

Sorry can't be more helpful...let us know if you solution it.

>I am trying to set up a CVSNT server and am new to CVS and CVSNT
>administration.  The installation proceeds well and completes sucessfully
>on either Win2K or XP.  On both platforms, the client gets connected and
>the server immediately disconnects.  The same thing happens if I just try
>to connect with Telnet.  I have tried all the options on the GUI for
>CVSNT.  I have tried jCVS and WSAD as clients.  I have tried all types of
>repository locations.  I have disabled virus protection.  I am using a
>local (to the server) NTFS directory for the repository.

>Does anyone have any ideas about what may be wrong or how to proceed to
>solve the problem?

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

related financial instruments.