[cvsnt] Sharing files for two or more project

Aaron Kynaston akynaston at novell.com
Thu Oct 2 04:23:07 BST 2003

Hum. ..as far as sharing, you could probably create a symbolic link
between the two files if on *nix - the only problem with this, is that
if two different people were working on the two differnet projects with
the file, the file locking would not be sufficient . .

>>> "Nguyen Huu Hoa" <huuhoa at ioit.ncst.ac.vn> 10/1/2003 8:39:43 PM >>>
Hi all,
I am trying to port some of my projects from SourceSafe to CVS and am
new to
CVS. I am very please with branch offerded by CVS, this is a powerful
feature unlike SourceSafe. But the problem is that some of my files are
used
by more than one project and they must be at diffent locations. This
problem
is solved easily in SourceSafe by sharing them between projects. Anyone
know
how can I solve it in CVS?

Thanks,
Hoa, Nguyen H.