[cvsnt] CVSNT on XP

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Oct 2 23:49:33 BST 2003

On XP users do not have write permissions on the folders below Windows
(like Windows\Temp as you are using). Same for folders in Program
Files.
I think you should create C:\CVSTEMP and set this as the CVSNT temp
dir. Set permissions as full control for everybody AND SYSTEM.
Then you will probably be fine.
Also, if permissions on folders are changed for a user logged on to an
XP workstation through membership in user groups then these new
permissions will not be available to him until a renewed login (you
might as well reboot).

/Bo

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:36:44 -0400, "Rob van Oostrum"
<rob at springwellfarms.ca> wrote:

>I'm trying to run CVSNT on WinXP Pro. Logging into the repository is not a
>problem, but doing anything else (in this case importing my project into
>CVS) causes an error "can't create temporary directory
>C:\WINDOWS\Temp/cvs-serv2012: Permission denied"
>
>I would know what to do on Unix/Linux, but this one doesn't make a hell of a
>lot of sense to me. My user has admin rights. I've tried setting the temp
>directory to something I created from CVSNT. Another possible clue is that
>the directory is always read-only. Even when I switch off the flag it just
>gets turned on right away.
>
>Hope this is enough info for a quick and easy solution ...
>

>cheers
>Rob

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)