[cvsnt] Notification when cvs "touches" a local file

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Oct 7 14:06:35 BST 2003

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:14:23 +0200, "Hartmut Honisch"
<hartmut_honisch at web.de> wrote:

>So what I would need is a list of all files for which CVS meta information
>has changed during a cvs operation - or even better a list of all files for
>which either meta information OR content OR file attributes have changed. Is
>there a way to obtain that, or any chance that this could be implemented in
>CVS?

Not really - CVS/Entries is completely rebuilt each time you to a
checkout/update, so there's no single change as such.  There is an
internal entries list but that's modified all over the place.. it'd be
a massive amount of work to provide such a list.

If you see Entries change you could presumably check for differences
against the previous copy - NTFS always seems to work in alphabetical
order so comparison is a relatively trivial exercise.