[cvsnt] RE: Notification when cvs "touches" a local file

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Oct 9 13:45:32 BST 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:18:50 +0200, "Bo Berglund"
<Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote:

>I think that WinCvs uses an API hook to get notification when files change.
>It uses this on the "normal" sandbox files, but I guess that you could write
>an app that does the same on the Entries files. Then you don't need to scan
>for changes because you get a notification when it has changed..

IIRC the Entries files are always rewritten if anything in the
directory changes.  That might be enough, though.

I could make CVSNT save the old entries in an Entries.old or something
like that as it rewrites them, so that TCVS doesn't have to do
anything special.