[cvsnt] Should commits on edit -c files notifying editor?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Oct 14 19:21:33 BST 2003

gOn Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:52:16 -0500, "Czarnowski, Aric"
<aczarnowski at unimax.com> wrote:

>After an upgrade to version 2.0.11 and a change to :sspi: protocol from
>:ntserver: our developers started getting notify emails when they
>committed files on which they had an edit lock.
>
>I found a couple archive mails about this but the response recommend
>going down an edit -a none route in the .cvsrc file.  This is likely a
>possible workaround but it seems like this a bug to me.

It's quite possible the usernames have changed between ntserver and
SSPI, which will mean you'll get notifications - have a look at 'cvs
editors'.  TBH the current behaviour is OK (it's far better than not
sending emails when it should be) and since it's all going to get
ripped out soon for the new version it's probably not worth the hassle
of changing it.