[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Wiki

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Oct 15 11:10:43 BST 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:22:51 +0200, Ori Berger
<cvsnt-newsgroups at orib.net> wrote:

>Tony, I think it will be much better if you reserve the "revert"
>ability to yourself and perhaps a few trusted others; I don't think
>it's anything malicious - rather, I think visitors that revert back
>to an earlier version think that they only do it in their own sandbox.

There was no revert option when I installed it...  It's new I think
(IIRC the only option that existed before was 'diff').  Since I rarely
look at the wiki I've never seen that option.

>It should be noted that reverting to a previous version and viewing
>a previous version are two distinct actions, and that I only suggest
>that "revert" generally be made unavailable.

I don't think moin can be configured in that way, short of setting the
pages to immutable which defeats the object of a wiki really.  It's
not very configurable, unfortunately.