[cvsnt] Webviewer recommendation?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Oct 16 17:13:03 BST 2003

> but they seem to be at different levels of development. Could someone
> recommend one that would run OK on a W2K host, running either
> Apache or Sambar?

Take a look at Bo's ViewCVS installer--it takes care of several layers of
software that need to be installed for it to work, and it runs nicely on
Win2K with IIS.
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/ViewCvsSetup.html

For other systems, you can see the links in the wiki for more information.
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/ViewCvs

(still others listed in http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/ThirdPartyTools, I've only
tried ViewCVS myself).

> BTW, I find the documentation available at www.cvsnt.org
> pretty confusing
> for total newbies. For those interested, I wrote a basic
> HOWTO, borrowing
> from bits here and there:

http://perso.club-internet.fr/ffaure/cvsnt.html

You might consider updating the content at the CVSNT.org wiki site instead
or in addition to this.  I certainly don't disagree that the documentation
can be confusing for new people, but spawning a new quick start won't help
as much as refining the ones that are already present.  I'm sure your
contribution will be appreciated by new users.

Also, I have a page on NTFS permissions that is more verbose than DevGuy's
and focuses only on that topic (it's based on Devguy's ideas, I detailed it
out a bit).
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl
(not a very good page name--was just going to be a page about the script,
but it was expanded in scope over time).

Regards,

Glen Starrett