[cvsnt] shared repository on dual boot system

keith d. zimmerman lists at kdz13.net
Sun Oct 19 20:39:09 BST 2003

That sounds like a lot of fun  :-)

Tony's right, FAT would be your only stable file system option.  The newer
linux kernels have experimental write support for NTFS, IIRC, but I think
one would need to be foolish, stupid, brave, or extremely uncaring about his
sources to try that trick...

One option that may save some greif is to mount the file system in read-only
mode in one of the OS's.  This would give you perhaps a bit of safety, but
you would need to reboot to commit or tag.  Setup in 2000 a server on an
NTFS partition, then mount it readonly in linux....   Tony, i don't know if
this would work or not??????

Other than that, if you cannot try it, I may be able to conduct a basic test
for you.  Tony, what are the DST problems with FAT?