[cvsnt] Update branch from head

Andreas Tscharner andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch
Tue Oct 28 07:01:38 GMT 2003

Hello World,

First of all: Thank you for developing CVSNT. Great product.

Now my problem:
I've checked out the HEAD of our project and as I have to work on
several machines I created a branch for me.

Now I want to be as close as possible to the HEAD, so I merged from the
HEAD to my branch. This marks all files that changed in the HEAD changed
in my branch and I have to commit them, otherwise the next merge from
the HEAD (one day later) may cause conflicts.

If I want to check in the file I changed in my branch into HEAD, I
either need to know which files I changed or I merge my complete branch
into HEAD marking all files changed that were changed on my branch and
therefore I have to commit all of them, even if they didn't change in
the HEAD.

So I wanted to ask: Is there a way to update my branch from the HEAD
(and not merge)?

Thank you in advance and best regards
	Andreas
Andreas Tscharner                          andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch