[cvsnt] Re: Why am I getting tempdir errors when usinglockserver?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Oct 31 12:53:36 GMT 2003

The reason it hangs about is that the first cvs call to loginfo in an operation
spawns an extra CVSMailer which has a built-in delay. This is used to collect all
the bits and pieces of all the cvs calls done for all the involved folders into
one single email. But the thing that ties it all together is a process timestamp
I get from the PID of the base cvs process. I don't really know if I can manage
the mailing handling via the postcommit. Should be possible, but only if the cvs
that executes the postcommit is the same as was launching the loginfo/notify/
taginfo scripts (by the PID and timestamp).
Will look into this when time allows.
What variables can be supplied by postcommit?
And what standard command line arguments are used?
And finally, does postcommit get fired also after tags or notifies? I don't think so...

/Bo