[cvsnt] Re: Advice on the modules setup, please

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Oct 31 13:37:07 GMT 2003

I followed Glen's advice and tested this in our repo:

ConfigMP -d Config MPConfig
SrvTNC430Inc -d SrvTNC430A SrvTNC430 &ConfigMP

When checking out SrvTNC430Inc I get the following on my disk:
SrvTNC430A (contains everything from the SrvTNC430 module including subfolders)
  |-- Config  (contains everything from MPConfig)

Note that the config folder is placed right where I want it inside the main
source module. Only problem now is what will happen if the main source also
includes a Config folder by itself....

But all in all this looks very promising.

I have an additional problem in that I originally designed our CVS server with
about 12 different repositories each dedicated to a certain group of products
and one for common stuff used in many projects. This of cours makes it impossible
to use the modules file to group them together.

So now I have to consider merging these many repositories into one main repo
with submodules corresponding to the current repositories so that the modules
file will have global access to the sources in the whole server...

A nightly job it looks like :-(

Bo