[cvsnt] Re: Advice on the modules setup, please

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Oct 31 15:46:42 GMT 2003

> I have an additional problem in that I originally designed
> our CVS server with
> about 12 different repositories each dedicated to a certain
> group of products
> and one for common stuff used in many projects. This of cours
> makes it impossible
> to use the modules file to group them together.

Have you tried using multiple checkouts?

cvs -d :sspi:cvsserver:/some-repos co Project1A
cvs -d :sspi:cvsserver:/some-other-repos co -d Project1A\MyUtils MyUtils

Or something like that anyway.  Doesn't work within Tortoise, but I *think*
I've done it with the command line before.

It's clearly best to just merge the repositories, but this might be a
band-aid to use on some while you migrate others.

Glen Starrett