[cvsnt] RE: Embedding newlines in the -m option

Jason jason at codehistorian.com
Wed Sep 3 16:17:06 BST 2003

Our Code Reviewer software (see URL in my sig) checks in multi-line
comments to CVS using the CvsNT command-line.  We haven't had any
problems with our approach which is: Simply embed new-line characters in
the quoted string.  For example:

cvs commit -m "This
is
multi-line comment
" myfile.c

If this doesn't work in your particular shell, try using another shell
or try writing a small program that calls system() (or you language's
equivalent) to invoke cvs.

--
Jason Cohen        (512) 345-8318, 9am-5pm CST
http://codehistorian.com