[cvsnt] How to add users and groups to cvsnt

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Sep 4 17:14:05 BST 2003

> How can i create different groups in CVSNT? These groups will have
> differenent permissions on the same module.

You can refer to my setup documentation for a starting point.  From
there I would recommend you read the docs to get familiar with CVSNT and
how it works.

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl

> How can i create different users? ( I really don't want to
> share a single
> Windows NT account for all users and I also don't want to
> create a seperate
> account for each user on the server - Is there any other solution).
> How can i control permissions and access for users?

You can use their NT domain accounts, assuming you have a domain set up.
That way the users only have one account for their machine AND cvsnt.
The best approach is to have one account per user in a domain, assign
those users to groups, and assign the NTFS permissions for CVSNT
repository to the groups.

Regards,

Glen Starrett