[cvsnt] Re: Merge-Problem: nonmergeable file needs merge

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Sep 12 10:45:57 BST 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:34:54 +0200 (MEST), Johannes Kilian
<Jo.Kilian at gmx.de> wrote:

>Is this buggy "PreservePermissions code" still enabled in  CVSNT?  - since
>I'm using CVSNT  (Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.9 (client/server)) .
>How do I disable PreservePermissions in the CVSRoot/config? (I've found  no
>entry in my CVSROOT/config concerning this ...)

The code in cvsnt is quite different.  On NT the error you mention
can't happen (it's actually commented out).. on linux it'll happen
when you change the executable bit on a file between branches (we
don't version any other kind of permission)..  it's arguable what to
do in that situation but the existing CVS code treated  it as a
nonmergable conflict so I left it that way.