[cvsnt] Impersonation failure on Win2003 Server

Kevin Jones kevinj at develop.com
Mon Sep 15 17:40:33 BST 2003

Thanks Bo.

> # Set this to `no' if pserver shouldn't check system users/passwords
> #SystemAuth=yes

Mine looks like this

# Set this to "no" if pserver shouldn't check system users/passwords
#SystemAuth=no

Different default but commented out anyway :)

This has always confused me (the link between pserver and windows
authn).
Do I want this value set to yes or no?
What exactly happens if I use pserver both when this value is 'yes' and
when it is 'no'?
What is the default?

Do I need to alias pserver accounts to an NT account.

BTW I've changed the account the service logs on as and it all works
although I'd prefer to have it running as 'Local System' if possible

Kevin Jones
Developmentor
www.develop.com