[cvsnt] /cvs/Root files: Dumb user

Aaron Kynaston akynaston at novell.com
Tue Sep 16 20:05:20 BST 2003

CVS attaches all of the local 'sandboxes' to itself, throught he use of
those files, as you've seen here.

The best rule I've found, is to let CVS be the boss - if something gets
screwy, attempt to check everything in, check out a new copy and then
work from there.  If you weren't able to commit everything, I move over
all of my old sandbox files (minus the CVS directories) ontop of the new
location, and I'm all fixed up!

Aaron Kynaston
akynaston at novell.com
office: (801) 861-6709
cell: (801) 368-8633
fax: (801) 861-6778
Novell Inc., The leading provider in net services software.
www.novell.com

>>> Bryce Schober <bryceman at dpzone.com> 9/16/2003 12:08:03 PM >>>
OK, so we recently put our company behind a firewall, which changed our

cvs (pserver) server's ip.  Unfortunately, the Root file had the
server's name resolved to the ip, so it was no longer valid.  No
combination of cvs login / logout fixed it for me, so I ended up
deleting all of them so that I could continue working.  Now, things are

screwed up because I still don't have the root files.  I didn't know
how
to get them back the right way, so now I'm copying a corrected Root
file
around my tree.  This just seems wrong, but I don't know the right
way...

- Bryce Schober

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by digiposs.com]