[cvsnt] taginfo ignoring exit status

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Sep 17 12:02:34 BST 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:46:13 +0200, Thorsten Lang
<thorsten.lang at technotrend.de> wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>here is my little problem:
>
>I recently configured CVSNT to deny certain kinds of tags in the repository
>- or that's what I thought. Sadly CVS doesn't really care about my settings
>in taginfo and continues to tag files with just about anything.

I just tried with a taginfo of

ALL exit 1

and it successfully stopped tagging, so it's probably the return value
from the script.  Try putting some echo commands in the script so you
can tell what it's actually doing...  Also if you're on NT running the
.pl directly seems to have issues (perl bug I think) - invoking
perl.exe seems to be more reliable.