[cvsnt] Import questions

Lawson.Reed Reed.Lawson at IGT.com
Wed Sep 17 17:22:46 BST 2003

Coolness! Oliver says it's in 2.0.9 onwards. So, when is WinCVS
going to pick that up? They are still back at 2.0.2

> >2) When you import using the sweet "-C" option (Thank you
> very much!) It
> >does not update
> >   the $Header information on the local files if they have
> $Header in them.
> >   Is there a way (short of deleting the files (which makes
> the -C option
> >kinda useless))
> >   to update the $Header information? (reason being, we have
> some automation
> >tools that
> >   use the $Header information.)
>
> Best thing is to do an update after the import...

That is the first thing I tried. Since cvs knows it's the same
revision and time stamp, it changes nothing. :-(
I did not see a way to force it. Is there one?
the "-C" option did not do it.

> I'm surprised anything has a $Header in it though when you import???

Well, that is one of the requirments we impose here to make sure
every new file has a $Header$ keyword in it. Also, what people
do lots of times to start a new file is copy the top part of
the file (or more) and rename things. In that case, it is
in a "substituted" form (i.e. filled out).

Thanks for the help!

- Reed.