[cvsnt] Bug after refecthing unpatchable files ?

dcortecchia at libero.it dcortecchia at libero.it
Thu Sep 18 09:51:30 BST 2003

After an update command I get the following error for an UNICODE file:
"cvs update: checksum failure after patch to languages/BmdEdit_chi.lng; will refetch"
and next:
"cvs client: refetching unpatchable files".

After the refetching procedure the client put the refetched file in a different folder creating incorrect entries.

In details:
This is the directory structure file is contained in Subfolder.
+ Project folder -> Subfolder
After refetching all the entries are duplicated in Project folder, and here I have just the refetched file.
In Subfolder the refetched file is missing.

Looking to Entries file in Project folder I can see that CVS wrote here the Entries of Subfolder, corrupting my local copy!

I'm using cvsnt 2.0.9 client and server (named pipe).