[cvsnt] CVS wont add recursively

Steve steve at gokubi.com
Thu Sep 25 17:23:26 BST 2003

I've got CVSNT 2.0.10 running on a Windows 2000 Advanced server. I'm using
TortoiseCVS as a client from my Win2K box, connecting via ssh. I have a
repository set up, and can update and commit fine. I am having trouble
adding a directory that has files in it.

In my working dirctory on my client, I create a directory and put some
files in it. Then I try to add the directory. Tortoise runs "cvs -q add
Test". The directory gets created in CVSNT with a .owner file. Then
Tortoise hangs after showing "? Test/Junk.ppt <cr>? Test/junk.txt" which
are files in the "Test" directory. I can abort, and then go and add each
file individually, but I'd rather it was done recursively as I have some
large code trees I'd like to get into CVSNT.

Does anyone have any guidance on how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Steve