[cvsnt] Intermittant error

Glenn, Scott Scott.Glenn at umusic.com
Mon Sep 29 16:39:12 BST 2003

Hi all,

We've just got 2.0.10 running on a W2K box - connecting from XP PC's using pserver from the Websphere Studio IDE (5.0.2 for iSeries Advanced).   All seems fine's - we connect okay, retrieve repository info fine.  When I sync with the repository to add a bunch new files, I get the correct sync view
in Studio, showing me what needs to be committed.  However when I try and commit the actual changes I nearly always get:-

"Something bad happened to CVS, and it crashed.  Would you like to produce a dump"

Unfortunately, the dump fails with "Failed to save dump to F:/CVS/cvstemp/cvsnt-2.0.10 (error 5)"

Anyone been here before ???  Any ideas.....

Many thanks,

Scott.