[cvsnt] Re: Failed to obtain lock (version 2.0.34)

Francis Simon fran.simon at lighthammer.com
Thu Apr 1 18:10:16 BST 2004

We just upgraded to .34 and have been having the same problem.  The problem
seems to affect people randomly.  I just got the error myself while adding
new files to CVS.  I did a add and one file got added and one file gave me
the LOCK error.    Basically this happend with a jpg file.  Here is what
happened:

1) 2 files: Login.jpg, Test.css
2) I did a cvs remove of both files and then a cvs commit
3) add a new file login.jpg and cas.css (basically I renamed the files)
4) got a lock error on login.jpg

I looked on the server and there was still a Login.jpg,v and Test.css,v file
in the directory.  I expected these to
be in the attic but there was no Attic.  So I just deleted the Login.jpg,v
file.  When I checked in again I did
not get the error.  Note really sure what happened.

We have also got the problem while just commiting changes to a existing
file.

Any ideas?

"Glen Starrett" <grstarrett at cox.net> wrote in message
news:c4ctbl$hkb$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> Ariel Machado wrote:
> > cvs [server aborted]: Failed to obtain lock on
/Development/Gespos/Tables>