[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.0.34 puts extra info in RCS files that CVSGraph does not like...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Apr 1 18:43:22 BST 2004

This is a copy of an email that was posted on the ViewCvs mailing
list.
I thought that I should re-post it here in order to have Tony or
someone else look at it and see if anything can be done about it.
I have looked at some of my RCS files and indeed there is no @
characters enclosing the committing user.

From: chris bridges <chris.bridges at rfel.com>

Bo / All,

I think I have found why cvsgraph is not working, but I dont know how
to fix ?

I am running the latest CVS NT (2.0.34.0), and it seem that these
newer versions stores information in the repository in a different
format.
CVSGraph works on files that were commited with earlier versions, but
NOT with the current version.

In the example below, the author name is enclosed in "@" ie
@chris.bridges@
It seems something doesn't like this,because if I remove them, then
cvsgraph works OK.
Thus
"author @chris.bridges@;" cvsgraph does not work
"author chris.bridges;" cvsgraph does work.

Does this provide any clues for anyone ?

Best regards
Chris

------- example header from a repository file ( that doesn't
works )----------