[cvsnt] Re: Update File

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Apr 7 19:38:45 BST 2004

diego at compus.com.br wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>  He would like to ask excuses for my precarious English but, I have doubt in relation to certain commands of CVS. For example:
>  To catch the last version of the file, which would the command be?
>  I used the update and this placed a Tag in the file and I don't get to remove with the command Tag -F, as I do.

Using "cvs update" would get the most recent version of the file,
assuming there are no sticky tags on the file.  Using "cvs update -dPA"
would reset any stick tags, get new directories, and prune empty ones.

If you're trying to move a tag that's existing, the "cvs tag -F" command
will work.  I don't believe that works against a branch tag though--a
different override command is needed.

It's difficult to understand what you're trying to attempt.  Maybe if
you included a (concise) script of your actions it would help.  Also,
you might send the note in your native language--there are a lot of
people on this list, some are likely to understand.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett