[cvsnt] cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory

Sam sam.vakareskov at bticanada.ca
Wed Apr 7 21:31:26 BST 2004

Hi there,
I've come accross the strangest behaviour.
I'm using Tortoise 1.6.8 and CVSNT 2.0.34 installed on my local machine.

If I select a folder c:\1download\perl that contains 2 files in it
(binaries - zip files) and try to create a new module for it, I get the
error message below.  The hidden "CVS" folder is also not created.

If I copy the files to a sub folder (i.e. c:\1download\perl\1) It works
no problem!  The "CVS" folder with all the appropriate files is created
under c:\1download\perl\1\CVS.

Thanks in advance for your help!
-Sam

In C:\Temp\TortoiseCVS make new module temp\: C:\Program
Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe -q -x import -m  perl tcvs-vendor tcvs-release
CVSROOT=:sspi:svakares at ike2.bticanada.ads:2401/Test

No conflicts created by this import

Success, CVS operation completed

In C:\1Download: C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe -q -x checkout -d
perl perl
CVSROOT=:sspi:svakares at ike2.bticanada.ads:2401/Test

cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
cvs checkout: in directory .:
cvs [checkout aborted]: CVS directory without administration files
present.  Cannot continue until this directory is deleted or renamed.

Error, CVS operation failed

Error, one of the CVS operations failed