[cvsnt] CVS Lock Service and slow checkouts

Jake Hughes jhughes at accentopto.com
Thu Apr 15 17:43:00 BST 2004

My server (latest stable CVSNT and Windows 2003 Server) has twice had
extremely slow checkouts, both times I found the CVS Lock Service using a
consistent 50% of processor, whether a checkout was in progress or not.
>From what I can tell, the CVS Lock Service hanging at 50% was the cause of
the slow checkouts.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  Anything I should look at to
specifically target whatever is happening?  Thanks for any suggestions.

Jake