[cvsnt] Re: Way to dispose of Attic files

Aaron Kynaston akynaston at novell.com
Fri Apr 16 23:01:46 BST 2004

>That's what 'cvs update' does.  The attic is an implementation detail -
you
>shouldn't be using it like that (it doesn't work like that anyway -
the Attic
>used to hold any file that didn't have a revision in HEAD, whether it
was
>deleted or not).

Yes - but the comment came more from a directory management view in CVS
(which pretty much doesn't exist, except for manual intervention).  The
only way I know how to clean up directories that should not longer be in
cvs is to manually move them where I want (which works very well).\

>You should never delete files from the repository.  Let the client
handle
>access to it.

As above, and as you know, since no actions can be taken directly on a
directory, those MUST be done manually.