[cvsnt] Re: cannot install cvsnt

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Apr 17 11:57:40 BST 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:08:36 -0700, "Jim Gunkel" <jimg at nevrona.com>
wrote:

>We've been running CVS on a Linux box for
>several years now but for several reasons I want to now transfer that to a
>Windows 2003 server

You could also install CVSNT on a Linux PC...
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux

>I am logged in under the Administrator account and I'm running the install
>using VNC (is that a common element?).

On Windows 2000 and up there is a MUCH better alternative to VNC, it
is Remote Desktop. All administrators can access these boxes with
Remote Desktop if it is enabled. Very good at remote administration
and integrated into the operating system by Microsoft. I use it all
the time (I used VNC before but RD is orders of magnitude faster).

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/MoveFromLinux

>I'm looking forward to using some of the new features that CVSNT offers,
>thanks for any assistance,
>
>Jim

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)