[cvsnt] Re: cannot install cvsnt

Jim Gunkel jimg at nevrona.com
Sun Apr 18 04:53:29 BST 2004

"Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote in message
news:643280dpgrmjnd1pend31g7o1ue8v9osgm at 4ax.com...
> >I am logged in under the Administrator account and I'm running the
install
> >using VNC (is that a common element?).
>
> On Windows 2000 and up there is a MUCH better alternative to VNC, it
> is Remote Desktop. All administrators can access these boxes with
> Remote Desktop if it is enabled. Very good at remote administration
> and integrated into the operating system by Microsoft. I use it all
> the time (I used VNC before but RD is orders of magnitude faster).

Thanks for the tip, that is much nicer than VNC.  I'm amazed I hadn't heard
of that sooner but Linux and .NET have been keeping me busy the past few
years.  To top it off, installing from within Remote Desktop worked so it
seems that something about VNC was the cause.

> >Also, if anyone has any pointers on converting the repository files from
> >Linux based repository to CVSNT, you could save me a lot of time.
>
> http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/MoveFromLinux

Simple enough!  Thanks for the help, it's all up and running now.

> /Bo
> (Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)

Jim Gunkel, Nevrona Designs
(developer in Arizona <g>)