[cvsnt] cvsnt on AIX - the saga continues

Hans Horn hannes at 2horns.com
Sun Apr 18 00:55:00 BST 2004

Folks,

I finally managed to build / install cvsnt on AIX 51 (using gcc333 and a few
hacks).
Running and connecting however ain't quite working!

As root, I've added this line to /etc/inetd.conf:
cvspserver      stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/bin/cvs cvs
pserver
I presume that the last arg before the path /usr/local/bin/cvs is the owner.
I want it to be root.

Then I stopped and restarted inetd, expecting to see a cvs process running:
" ps -s | grep cvs*".
Nothing.

When I invoke "/usr/local/bin/cvs cvs pserver" on the command line, it
compalins about the wrong number of args.

What am I doing wrong? Any clues?

Hans