[cvsnt] viewcvs with cvsnt problem encountered

Alvin Wong alvin.wong at b2b.com.my
Mon Apr 19 03:53:01 BST 2004

Hi Bo,

I have installed ViewCVS with CVSNT on Windows 2000 Advanced Server and
i can view the webpage all right. ViewCVS was installed using the
download from your webpage at
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/ViewCvsSetup.html.
However when i tried to navigate on the links in the default viewcvs cvs
browser on my server, it gives me the following error.

File "C:\Programs\ViewCvs\lib\vclib\bincvs\_init_.py", line 791, in
_get_logs
raise vclib.Error('Error parsing rlog output. Expected RCS file "%s"'
Error: Error parsing rlog output. Expected RCS file
"C:/cvsrepository/sandbox/eConnector/192.168.1.5.crt,v", found
"C:/cvsrepository/sandbox\eConnector/192.168.1.5.crt,v"

I understand that it's expecting forward slash , not backward slash. My
CVSNT version is 2.0.24
and repository prefix is C:/cvsrepository with valid repository roots
being /sandbox. What changes do i need to make before viewcvs can work
successfully taking into view that it's in production and i do not want
to make unnecessary changes that will change the current repository if
possible.

Regards,
Alvin