[cvsnt] Re: binary files

Victor A. Wagner Jr. vawjr at rudbek.com
Thu Apr 29 12:54:28 BST 2004

At Thursday 2004-04-29 04:17, you wrote:
>Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
>
>>I _finally_ manage to get  cvswrappers setup with the -m 'COPY' and I'd
>>like to kill the idiot that thinks that sqotes are required around COPY,
>
>Don't use -m.  In fact it'd be better if those options didn't exist as
>they're just confusing.

then why does init tell you about it when it creates the cvswrappers file??

>Binary files are really simple.  Just setup cvswrappers to set -kb on the
>file or use a frontend which will add the -k options automatically.

I had
*.pdf -k 'b'
import a pdf file
check it out and it's 1/10 the size... I have no idea what messed up,
that's why I started looking at -m

>>oh, and I had to empty my cvsroot and re-init, then put cvsignore and
>>cvswrappers back in before I could get it to quit bitching about "can't
>>get lock on  modules,v"....and I STILL get it if I'm not going directly
>>to the repository  /repository   instead of
>>:pserver:............../repository
>
>You're probably running an antivirus.  Remove it until you have things
>working.

there is NO antivirus on this system (the server)...and never has been

>>I think all the enhancements going it are great, but how about getting
>>back to basics and fixing stuff so we can possibly import a project that
>>has both text and binary files!!!
>
>This works fine, and there are no known bugs with binary files (and
>haven't been for a very long time).
>
>>I apologize for the language because I'm tire...but I'm also VERY
>>frustrated.  this junk USED to work (when the hell did we start
>>needing   -m  to handle binary files anyway?  where the hell did -state
>>go?  these don't all look like improvements to me.
>
>Who told you that?  -m is a totally obsolete option that should be removed
>at the earliest opportunity.

I ask again why does init put a cvswrapper file in that mentions -m ??

>Never heard of -state.

sorry, the option was -s .... worked on co, ci, log  ... set the "state"
that used to show up in the log (the default setting was  exp